Friday 18 January 2013

Topshop | Mexican Wave Lipstick


I bought this lipstick, along with a few other items, the other week in the TOPSHOP sale, the only reason I bought it was because it was such a steal at being reduced to £3.00 and then with student discount £2.70 I think you’ll agree that it would have been rude to leave it there? Plus I hadn't tried anything from the Louise Gray range as I’ve always been a bit dubious as most of the products are all a little bright and garish for my liking. I’ve always been fan of coral lipsticks although I don’t always think the really vibrant ones suit me as I’m quite pale, the exception to the rule is the Kate Moss Rimmel lipstick in 110 it's just bright enough to suit my skin tone and a mix between a pinkish reddish orange so it’s perfect for both day and night, so if you’re similar skin tone to me give it a try!

Be warned this lipstick is bright! But with a name like Mexican wave what do you expect? Not as bright as it first looks. The pink/orange neon tone is definitely more suited to going out at night and perhaps teamed something simple like an LBD to just add a bit of ‘pop’ (bit of a lame word but that’s exactly what this lipstick would do) This colour doesn’t look horrible on but it could look better! Although I think it would look better in summer when I’ve got a tan as it wouldn’t look such a contrast against my pale wintery skin tone. The feel of the lipstick is lovely, its creamy and velvety and smells lovely too! It’s a matt finish but doesn’t leave your lips dry and that chalky feeling you can sometimes get with matt lipsticks,

Personally I think the packaging really lets this lipstick down, the pink and gold just cheapens the lipstick and looks like something someone much younger may be drawn to. Although the packaging lets the lipstick down, the formula of it is perfect it’s just a slight shame about the colour! Although for £2.70 who can complain!




Happy Friday!!


2 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds good, you'll have to do a post when you wear it so we can see how it looks. The new Barry M lipsticks are in pink packages as well, and it does kind of cheapen it, doesn't it!? x

    http://wethingin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really does this one especially with the gold i just think it looks abit naff :/ i will i will but i'll have to perfect the right 'pose' first as i'm so unphotogenic especially when attempted to take pictures of myself (dont even go there) haha!! have a great weekend :) xxx

      Delete