Saturday 19 January 2013

Topshop Cream Blush Duo | Up in the air


Following on from yesterday’s post about my thrifty £2.70 lipstick I’m back with another item of makeup from the Louise Gray collection for Topshop.  A creamy blusher for a measly £2.70!! Yes £2.70 I kid you not!  And you get two colours for that price! I love blusher! I think it’s perhaps one of the key elements within a make-up bag because if you’re anything like me, it can make me look in the land of the living instead of looking like a dead corpse. I find it really surprising seeing young girls just caked in foundation without an ounce of blusher in sight! It actually drives me mad! (Perhaps a slight exaggeration but you understand my point) since when has the all over mouldy tangerine look been a good look by anyone’s standards? So please young readers embrace the blush!! But be careful it must be blended in well and look somewhat natural as you don’t want big thick lines of pink blusher (other colours are available)!

Anyway enough of me ranting and raving about lack of blusher on the nations cheeks. This blusher is fabulous! I went through a stage a while ago of loving cream blushers after buying the Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush and I thought it was brilliant but I’ve always preferred powders ones I just think they’re so much easier to apply! Personally I think this blusher is miles ahead of the Max Factor blush purely because of the consistency it’s not as creamy feeling if that makes sense? It has a cream to powder formula which makes applying so much easier! Don’t be put off by how bright the colours look as they’re perfect for giving a healthy glow and its great having two colours to switch between as they’re both lovely so for the price I really can’t fault it.

Much like the previous Louise Gray product I’m still not won over by the packaging! I suppose this is a little better than the lipstick packaging but I don’t think the gold zigzags are necessary and just cheapen the product which is a real shame. Since reading reviews from other bloggers I feel like I’m alone in this as most are applauding the packaging. What are your views on the packaging?  When it comes to make up packaging simplicity always wins as its classic and sophisticated that doesn’t mean it has to be boring just simple or fun but executed well (benefit does it great)

If you spot one of these is your local Topshop I would definitely buy with no hesitation as you will not be disappointed in these two stunning blushers?

Up in the air


Is everyone having a great weekend so far? I’ve been catching up on silent witness waiting for it to snow a bit more!

Love



5 comments:

  1. I've been looking at all the louise gray make up in the sale at the moment- the colours look beautiful but I think they could be too bright for me :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dont be put off!! this is so so subtle..well i only used a little bit but it was lovely!! xx

      Delete
  2. I've been hugely tempted to try this, I wish I'd put it in with the monster Topshop order I made the other day... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try Louise Gray's Collection, especially at that price!

    Charlie xx

    ReplyDelete